Wikipedia for Schools
This curated selection of articles from Wikipedia can be used offline by school children around the world. 6000 articles, 26 million words and 50,000 images make Wikipedia for Schools bigger than Harry Potter, the Lord of the Rings and the Chronicles of Narnia put together!
Thousands of videos on Math and Sciences organized by subject.
Very large collection of educational videos on Math, that cover from the most basic Math fundamentals to calculus and statistics.
A wide range of excellent videos on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Cosmology and Health education.
Health & Medicine
References on health care.
These materials do not provide medical advice and are for informational purposes only. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
(from the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health)
More than 4,000 cross-referenced medical articles with a very comprehensive set of illustrations and photographs.
Browse by first letter of topic:
A-Ag Ah-Ap Aq-Az B-Bk Bl-Bz C-Cg Ch-Co Cp-Cz D-Di Dj-Dz E-Ep Eq-Ez F G H-Hf Hg-Hz I-In Io-Iz J K L-Ln Lo-Lz M-Mf Mg-Mz N O P-Pl Pm-Pz Q R S-Sh Si-Sp Sq-Sz T-Tn To-Tz U V W X Y Z 0-9
Hesperian Health Guides
Easy to understand, practical, accurate and heavily illustrated guides on health topics that are very helpful for remote areas where access to medical personnel and facilities is limited.
- Where There Is No Doctor. A village health care handbook.
- Where There Is No Dentist
- Where Women Have No Doctor
- Disabled Village Children
- Women with Disabilities - A Health Handbook
- A Book for Midwives: Care for pregnancy and birth
- Helping Children Who Are Deaf
- Helping Children Who Are Blind
- Cholera Prevention Fact Sheet
- Sanitation and Cleanliness for a Healthy Environment
- Water for Life - Community water security
- A Community Guide to Environmental Health
- Helping Health Workers Learn
Healthcare and Medicine videos
The medical world can be a confusing place. Patients and their families might feel overwhelmed by the large vocabularies and complicated explanations they get from their health care providers. Students entering health care also struggle to grasp the complexity of health sciences, and are forced to memorize huge amounts of information. We hope to make understanding the medical world a bit easier, with these videos from Khan Academy.
- The Heart
- The Lungs
- Blood Vessel Diseases
- Fetal Circulation
- Arterial Stiffness
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Health Care System
- Colon Disease
- Cervical Spine
- Lab Values and Concentrations
- Heart Disease and Stroke
- Heart Muscle Contraction
- Heart Depolarization
- Nerve Regulation of the Heart
- Pressure Volume Loops
- Changing the PV Loop
- Preload and Afterload
High quality and curated Textbooks collection on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from ck12.org.
- Algebra Explorations, Pre-K through Grade 7
- Basic Algebra
- Basic Algebra Concepts
- Algebra 1
- Algebra I Teacher's Edition
- Algebra 2
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Geometry, Teacher's Edition
- Basic Geometry Concepts
- Geometry, Teacher's Edition
- CK-12 Trigonometry Concepts
- Trigonometry, Teacher's Edition
- Basic Probability and Statistics - A Short Course
- Basic Probability and Statistics - A Full Course
- CK-12 Basic Probability and Statistics Concepts - A Full Course
- CK-12 Advanced Probability and Statistics Concepts
- Probability and Statistics (Advanced Placement)
- Advanced Probability and Statistics Teacher's Edition
- Calculus, Teacher's Edition
- Basic Physics
- CK-12 People's Physics Concepts
- Physics - From Stargazers to Starships
- 21st Century Physics
- Chemistry, Teacher's Edition
- Chemistry - Labs & Demos
- Biology Workbook
- Biology, Teacher's Edition
- Life Science for Middle School
- Earth Science Concepts
- Earth Science for Middle Schools
- Earth Science for High Schools
- Engineering - An Introduction for High School
World Literature Ebooks
Thousands of books in digital format (text) from Project Gutenberg. Organized by Bookshelves.
- Adventure Stories
- Best Books Ever Bookshelf
- Children's Book Series
- Children's Fiction
- Children's Literature
- Classical Era Collection
- Detective Fiction
- Fantasy Collection
- Gothic Fiction
- Harvard Classics Collection
- History For Children
- Horror Fiction
- Mystery Fiction
- Native America
- One Act Plays
- School Stories
- Science Fiction
- Short Stories
- Libros en Español
Other valuable educational and reference resources:
OLPC Educational Packages
A collection of educational materials consolidated by the OLPC project.
UNESCO's IICBA Electronic Library
Teachers resources from the UNESCO International Institute for Capacity Building in Africa.
Math tutoring materials that include Math videos, Study Tips, Practice Questions and Step-by-Step solutions..
For each lesson, read the study tips carefully and take note of the important concepts/ideas before watching the video. These tips will guide you in your math thinking strategies.
Full lessons and exercises to learn touch typing or improve your typing skills. Include many entertaining typing games, tests an practice drills.
Comprehensive music theory lessons and exercises to begin your journey into the realm of music.
Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art.
As young people create and share Scratch projects, they learn important mathematical and computational ideas, while also learning to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively. Scratch is designed especially for ages 8 to 16, but is used by people of all ages.